Sketchbook is the sole antagonist of Don't Hug Me I'm Scared.
The pad of paper is a small notepad of sorts. They have a black cover, little black arms, round eyes, eyebrows, a mouth that looks pasted on, and colorful hair that is just a bunch of strings that were glued on one of their pages. They also carry a yellow pencil in their right hand.
The Sketchbook teaches them about how to be creative, but everything goes downhill from there. They seem to dislike Yellow Guy the most, pouring oil over his painting of a clown, then later telling him that his favorite color (green) is not creative.
- Because why not? "What's your favorite idea?"
- ”Mine is being creative!”
- "Because you're not thinking creatively!"
- "I use my hair to express myself!"
- "Whoa there friend, you might need to slow down!"
- "Green is not a creative color!"
- "Listen to your heart, listen to the rain, listen to the voices in your brain!"
- "Come on guys, let's get creative!"
"Now let's all agree to never be creative again."
What's your favourite idea?
Mine's bein' creative (Behind the scenes Voice cracking be like O_O)!
<Yellow> How do you get that idea?
I just think CREA-TIV-ELY!
Now when you look at this orange, tell me please, what do you see?
<Duck> It's just a boring old orange!
Well maybe to you, but not to me!
I see a silly face! Walking along, and smiling at me.
<Duck> I don't see what you mean!
'Cuz ya not thinkin' CREATIVELY!
Now take a look at my hair! *COOL*
I use my hair to express myself!
<Red>That sounds really boring.
I USE MY HAIR TO EXPRESS MYSELF.
Now, when you stare at the clouds in the sky, don't you find it exciting? *NO!*
C'mon! Take another look!
<Yellow, Red, Duck> Oh, wait! I can see a hat! I can see a cat! I can see a man with a baseball bat! I can see a dog! I can see a frog! I can see a ladder, leaning on a log!
Thinkin' you gettin' the hang of it now! Using your minds to have a good time!
<Yellow> I might paint a picture of a clown!
Whoa there friend, you might need to slow down!
Here's another good tip! *YEAH?* Of how to become a creative whiz-kid! Go collect some leaves and sticks, and arrange them into your favourite colour!
<Red> BLUE! <Bird> RED! <Yellow> GREEN!
Green is not a creative color!
There's one more thing that you need to know! Before you can let your creativity flow!
<Everyone> LISTEN TO YOUR HEART, LISTEN TO THE RAIN, LISTEN TO THE VOICES IN YOUR BRAIN!
Come on guys, let's get CREATIVE!
*A lot of blood later..*
Now, lets all agree, to never be creative again!
- In DHMIS 2-TIME they are seen on the bookshelf near red guy’s chair.
- The Sketchbook appears in DHMIS 2-Time, where they were seen sitting on the bedside table near the Red Guy.
- Sketchbook says that green is not a creative color, though the color green is present in many locations, including in their "expressive hair."
- You can see them in the first "HELP" video seen, ripped off of their body.
- In the Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6 dream sequence, Sketchbook appears on the wall with Red Guy, Duck and Tony.
- Also, Sketchbook has legs during this sequence.
- Their gender is officially revealed by Joseph Pelling as "paper." Link: 
- They are the only teacher not to make a comeback via the machine in DHMIS 6.
- However, they do appear at the end of the episode.
- Something important to note is, ever since episode 1, Sketchbook appears as cameos, but near Red Guy.
- This could be because in episode 1 Red Guy said that using their hair to express themselves is boring, so they got mad, which explains why they are hiding near Red Guy in episode 2, and standing next to him in episode 3, frowning.
- Sketchbook appears in a game / book called Kleptodogs as an easter egg. They can be seen at the bottom of one of the counters. Tony also appears as an easter egg in the book/game aswell.