The Lamp is a character from Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6. He is the main "teacher" from the episode, even though he only gets little screen time. His lesson is based on "Dreams". His idea of "dreaming" seems to be rather demented, though he acts as if this is perfectly normal. His disfunctionality that separates him from the other teachers has sprouted quite a few theories, however no theory has been proven true. Becky Sloan has stated that all theories are correct. This most likely means that a part of every theory connects to the big picture.
He also appears in the DHMIS 6 teaser.
- "Oh, somebody's sleepy, but that's silly!"
- "How can you be sleepy if you don't know how to have dreams?"
- "Dreams are a movies that live in your head every night when you sleep in your bed.'"
- "You can have a dream about riding a horse!"
- "Or you can have a dream about drowning in oil!"
- "You can have a dream about eating a drink!"
- "Or you can have a dream about buying a hat!"
- "You can have a dream about losing your friends!"
- "Or you can have a dream about burning your friends!"
- "Looks like someone's having a bad dream!"
- "Don't worry! Don't worry! Eeeeeeeeh!
- He is the last main teacher in the whole series.
- He's believed to be drunk. This is probably because of his animated eyes, and distorted singing voice.
- In the DHMIS TV pilot there's a lamp that resembles The Lamp.